The following are some examples of our efforts:
- We provide an avenue for communication between home and school with opportunities to make a difference for our children.
- We have funded enrichment programs including author/photographer Michael Patrick O’Neill, Faustworks Mask Theater, storyteller Diane Edgecomb, meteorologist Joe Furey, Robbie the Robot, trips to the Warner Theater, and many more assemblies that have been brought to the schools for the enhancement of education.
- We host many events, including the Scholastic Book Fair, Father/Daughter dance, Mother/Son event, and numerous grade specific events.
- We take an active role in the beautification of our schools.
- We participate in the following programs which help provide equipment and supplies to our schools as a supplement to budgeted funds:
o Box Tops for Education (Box Tops are redeemed for cash payments to each school’s Student Activity Fund)
o Campbell’s Labels for Education (UPC’s are redeemed for equipment and supplies)
o Price Chopper Tools for Schools (Register your AdvantEdge card every year to earn points for equipment and supplies)
o Stop & Shop A+ Rewards (Register your rewards card every year to earn points towards cash payments to the schools)
We hope to accomplish many great programs and activities during the 2012-2013 school year, but we need your support in order to do this. Please return your PTO membership form (click the “Forms” tab on the left side of this page) and payment (check payable to New Hartford PTO) to your school office by September 14, 2012.
This is your PTO. We welcome your input, comments and suggestions. Contact any PTO Board Member, and/or join us for our monthly meetings to have your voice heard!