Connecticut Visual Arts Standards
1. Understand, select and apply media, techniques and processes.
2. Understand and apply elements and organizational principles of art.
3. Consider, select and apply a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
4. Understand the visual arts in relation to history and culture.
5. Reflect upon, describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate their own and others work.
6. Make connections between the visual arts, other disciplines and daily life.
The New Hartford Art Curriculum is guided by state standards. Each art lesson references the standard(s) which the lesson supports.