February 21, 2020
- Kindness in Motion: We kicked off our Kindness in Motion program today. Students are able to apply for $100 grants to start their own project to benefit others. The goal is to spread kindness through the community. Full information can be found in this letter. Students must complete an application by February 28 if they are interested in participating.
- From the Superintendent of Schools: Superintendent Murphy would like to share his policy on cancelling and delaying school because of inclement weather.
- NEW! From the Lunch Program: Check out the Mardi Gras Menu and the Antolini Breakfast program!
- Lunch on Tuesday, February 25 is a special Mardi Grad menu!
- Kindergarten Registration: Registration for the 2020-2021 kindergarten class is under way for children turning 5 before January 1, 2021. Information and enrollment paperwork can be found on the District Web Page.
- A Note from Mrs. Marquis: Please remember to either send your child to school in sneakers or pack them in their backpack for gym days. For your childs safety, they cannot participate in gym without sneakers. If your child attends NHE, gym days are on TUESDAY'S. If your child attends BAK, gym days are on WEDNESDAY'S.
- Library Media Center News -
- Mrs. Pfeffer invites parents and guardians to come and take the challenges that the students face during their STEAM activities. Parents are encouraged to use the Engineer Design Challenge as they complete grade level projects. Please see the flyer and rsvp to pfefferk@newhtfd.
- Volunteers Needed!!: Mrs. Pfeffer is looking for parent/grandparent library volunteers to assist at Bakerville with shelving, book check in/out and assorted clerical duties. Please contact her at email@example.com with any questions.
- Read to the Rink: Mrs. Pfeffer is once again joining the Hartford Wolf Pack in presenting their Read to the Rink program. Students who successfully complete the program will get a free Hartford Wolfpack hockey ticket! Here is the Reading Log.
- NEW! Meeting Minutes: There was a meeting on Monday, February 10. Here are the minutes.
- Project Playgrounds:
- gotsneakers?: We have made arrangements with a sneaker recycling organization to collect athletic shoes/sneakers, sport cleats, work/hiking boots, and canvas shoes for which we will receive a donation to our playground fund. Please no heels, sandals, or dress shoes.
- PTO Fundraiser:
- Chipotle: Join us on Tuesday, March 3, for Taco Tuesday at Chipotle in Canton. You can eat in or take out. Just mention that you are supporting the New Hartford PTO. You do not need to bring the flyer. Enjoy!
- Yankee Candle Fundraising: We've partnered with Yankee Candle to achieve our goal. Here are all the directions. It's easy and you can even sell to out-of-town supporters!
- NWCT Travel Basketball: Here is the Tryout Information for boys and girls 11U. 12U, 13U and 14U. Register online in advance.
- South End Vol. Fire Department: They will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner On Saturday, February 22, from 4:30-6:30.
- Camp Moe Summer Camp: Fun, new activities this year! Explore at Camp Moe! Take this flyer with you for a chance to win one free week's tuition!
- EdAdvance Bases Potential Summer Program: Take this survey to help gauge the need for a summer program held at the Barkhamsted Elementary School.
- The Northwestern Middle School Civil Rights Stories Student Group is proud to present a powerful one man play entitled Free to Be - Frederick Douglass: An American Slave. Tickets are $10.00 and there is more information here.
- Beekley BookFriends: Join us for BINGO on Friday, February 28, at Berkshire Hall and help raise money for the BookFriends!