November 13, 2020
From the School Offices:
- Yearbook Fundraiser: Grade 6 students will be conducting a fundraiser for their yearbook as well as other student activities. To help with your holidays they will be selling Lyman Orchard pies and Cookie Dough from MCM Fundraising, Inc. There is also a Simply Shipped Collection with a variety of items to choose from. Orders are due on Monday, November 16. More information is here.
- Antolini School Food Drive through November 20. All donations will be sent to Hands of Grace. Details can be found here.
From the Health Office:
COVID 19 Testing: Griffin Health is conducting Free Drive-Thru Testing on Thursdays from 11:00AM to 3:00PM.
Farmington Valley Health has provided updated COVID 19 protocols. If your child has traveled please consult the school nurse for further guidance. Please keep your child home if they have experienced any of the following in the past 24 hours:
- Fever of over 100.4 (and above)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste of smell
- Contact with a person with known or suspected COVID 19
If you answer "yes" to any of the above please stay home, self isolate and contact your physician. Please notify the nurse if you or your child has had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID 19 or if you have traveled via airplane internationally or domestically to a state on Connecticut's travel advisory list. Please keep the student home.
After School Care: The BASES Antolini program would like to share information about the program available to all New Hartford students.
- NEW! Scholastic Book Fair: The Fair starts November 17 and runs through November 30. Flyers with the link to the Fair as well as raffle books (2 winners from each class) will be sent home on Monday.
- NEW! NHPS MASKS: Does your child need to complete their NHPS outfit with a NHPS mask. Order in time for the holidays!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.