November 24, 2020
From the Superintendent of Schools: There will be a virtual Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, December 1 at 6:00PM. Agenda
From the Health Office:
COVID 19 Testing: Griffin Health is conducting Free Drive-Thru Testing on Thursdays from 11:00AM to 3:00PM.
Farmington Valley Health has provided updated COVID 19 protocols. If your child has traveled please consult the school nurse for further guidance. Please keep your child home if they have experienced any of the following in the past 24 hours:
- Fever of over 100.4 (and above)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste of smell
- Contact with a person with known or suspected COVID 19
If you answer "yes" to any of the above please stay home, self isolate and contact your physician. Please notify the nurse if you or your child has had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID 19 or if you have traveled via airplane internationally or domestically to a state on Connecticut's travel advisory list. Please keep the student home.
- NEW! Scholastic Book Fair: The Fair starts November 17 and runs through November 30. Flyers with the link to the Fair as well as raffle books (2 winners from each class) will be sent home on Monday.
- NEW! NHPS MASKS: Does your child need to complete their NHPS outfit with a NHPS mask. Order in time for the holidays!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.
- Reminder to all families: Christine Hayward, Social Services Agent for the Town of New Hartford, would like to encourage all families currently experiencing any kind of financial difficulty to contact her directly at Town Hall (860-379-3389) to discuss what forms of assistance might be available to aide them during these difficult times. All inquiries are kept confidential. There are several resources available for those who could use some help. Energy Assistance Applications are being accepted now for help with heating oil or electric heat bills. Limited financial assistance is provided by Neighbor to Neighbor. Christine is also able to connect with many local non-profits that have additional resources available on a case by case basis. Please reach out to her if you could use a "hand up."