December 23, 2020
From the Kitchen: Lunch is free for everyone ages 2-18. Pick up is at Antolini from 11:30AM to 1:30PM. You DO NOT NEED to call ahead. The lunch menu can be found on the school website.
From the Health Office:
COVID 19 Testing: Griffin Health is conducting Free Drive-Thru Testing on Thursdays from 11:00AM to 3:00PM.
Farmington Valley Health has provided updated COVID 19 protocols. If your child has traveled please consult with the school nurse for further guidance. Please keep your child home if they have experienced any of the following in the past 24 hours:
- Fever of over 100.4 (and above)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste of smell
- Contact with a person with known or suspected COVID 19
If you answer "yes" to any of the above please stay home, self isolate and contact your physician. Please notify the nurse if you or your child has had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you have traveled via airplane internationally or domestically to a state on Connecticut's travel advisory list. Please keep the student home.
- Project Playgound: The Project Playground committee is continuing its efforts to raise money for new playgrounds at both New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville School. They have created a Sponsorship Program for families and friends! Please consider a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze donation!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.
- Reminder to all families: Christine Hayward, Social Services Agent for the Town of New Hartford, would like to encourage all families currently experiencing any kind of financial difficulty to contact her directly at Town Hall (860-379-3389) to discuss what forms of assistance might be available to aid them during these difficult times. All inquiries are kept confidential. There are several resources available for those who could use some help. Energy Assistance Applications are being accepted now for help with heating oil or electric heat bills. Limited financial assistance is provided by Neighbor to Neighbor. Christine is also able to connect with many local non-profits that have additional resources available on a case by case basis. Please reach out to her if you could use a "hand up."