January 15, 2021
From the Superintendent:
- NEW! There will be a virtual Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, January 19 at 6:00pm. Agenda This meeting will be preceded by a School/Community Relations and Policy Subcommittee meeting. Agenda
- The New Hartford Public Schools will continue to offer free lunch at all of the schools for the rest of the school year. Antolini School will continue to offer free breakfast for the rest of the school year as well. This benefit is provided in partnership with the federal government during the pandemic. Students participating in Distance Learning may pick up free lunch at each school. Please call each school to register for the program if your child is participating in Distance Learning.
NEW! 2021-2022 Early Childhood Preschool Program: A Live Virtual Open House will be held Wednesday, February 24, 2021 from 3:30-4:00 with an opportunity for Q & A. Zoom link available on the District website. Coming Soon: Video Tour available on the Website under the Preschool Section, beginning 2/22/21. Preschool Screening March 9, 2021 at New Hartford Elementary School. Please contact the Department of Student Services to sign up. District website: https://www.newhtfd.
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration: If your child is kindergarten eligible, turning 5 on or before January 1, 2022, please complete the Early Registration Census. We will offer a kindergarten informational session on Zoom, Thursday, January 21 at 2:00 PM for both Bakerville Consolidated School and New Hartford Elementary School. Please fill out the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet and mail/drop off all required documents to either Bakerville Consolidated Schoolor New Hartford Elementary School as soon as possible.
From the Health Office:
COVID 19 Testing: Griffin Health is conducting Free Drive-Thru Testing on Thursdays from 11:00AM to 3:00PM.
Farmington Valley Health has provided updated COVID 19 protocols. If your child has traveled please consult with the school nurse for further guidance. Please keep your child home if they have experienced any of the following in the past 24 hours:
- Fever of over 100.4 (and above)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste of smell
- Contact with a person with known or suspected COVID 19
If you answer "yes" to any of the above please stay home, self isolate and contact your physician. Please notify the nurse if you or your child has had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you have traveled via airplane internationally or domestically to a state on Connecticut's travel advisory list. Please keep the student home.
- NEW! New Hartford Public Schools Apparel: We are placing an order at the end of January. Select your apparel and it will be delivered the week of February 15. Wear red!
- Project Playgound:
- NEW! Buy a Paw: Help support Project Playground by purchasing a paw! There are lots of options! Check it out!
- The Project Playground committee is continuing its efforts to raise money for new playgrounds at both New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville School. They have created a Sponsorship Program for families and friends! Please consider a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze donation!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.
- Reminder to all families: Christine Hayward, Social Services Agent for the Town of New Hartford, would like to encourage all families currently experiencing any kind of financial difficulty to contact her directly at Town Hall (860-379-3389) to discuss what forms of assistance might be available to aid them during these difficult times. All inquiries are kept confidential. There are several resources available for those who could use some help. Energy Assistance Applications are being accepted now for help with heating oil or electric heat bills. Limited financial assistance is provided by Neighbor to Neighbor. Christine is also able to connect with many local non-profits that have additional resources available on a case by case basis. Please reach out to her if you could use a "hand up."