October 15, 2021
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- NEW! Job Opening: We are currently looking for a Recording Secretary for the Board of Education.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
New Hartford High Flyers: Jumping is a great activity that anyone can do! Antolini students will meet weekly after school. Stacy Quint will hold a parent meeting on Thursday, October 21, at 6:30 in the Antolini Multi-Purpose Room.
From the Lunch Program: Don't forget chips, ice cream, and cookies are now available for purchase. Chips and ice cream are $1.00, and cookies are $0.50 each. Exact change only, please!
Antolini Retake Day: Retakes will be taken the morning of Thursday, November 4. Smile!
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? the short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- NEW! Meeting: Join us Monday, October 18, for a meeting in person or via Facebook Live. The meeting will take place in the Antolini Multi-Purpose room. We encourage you to get involved and support the PTO this year!
- NEW! SHOE DRIVE: In celebration of Make a Difference Day, NHPTO is partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. The shoe drive will be held from October 18 to 22.
- We are hosting a virtual fundraiser with Charleston Wrap from October 8 thru October 29. Please sign your child(ren) up as sellers by either using the link or QR code on the flyer. For every 10 people the parent invites to purchase, the parent will receive a FREE roll of wrapping paper - no purchase necessary! Candles - Kitchen - Holiday Items - Personalizations - and LOTS more!
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the the 2021-2022 school year. .
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge difference and in return New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more info.
- NEW! Trick or Treat Downtown Boo Hartford: Start at Town Hall and... here's the route! You can also host a trick-or-treat table. All ages welcome!
- NEW! Northwestern Regional Halloween Drive Thru Trick or Treat: October 30th, 12-2. Swing on by!
- NEW! Torrington Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee: Downtown will be a-glow with pumpkins! Drop off a carved pumpkin at the Nutmeg Fudge Company on East Main Street from 11am-7pm on Thursday, October 28 or 11am-2pm Friday, October 29. Join us on Franklin Street for prizes and a pet parade. check us out here and on FB (Franklin Plaza Farmers Market) and Instagram.
- NEW! Winter Critter: Reserve a spot at Macricostas Preserve on Saturday, November 20 for an exciting winter adventure! Here is all you need to know about transforming into a winter critter.
- New Hartford Women's Club: Support Bingo...With a Kick Fundraiser! Sunday, October 24, from 2:00-4:00pm at Berkshire Hall. Six games of Bingo with two prizes each game. There will be door prizes, raffles, authentic designer purses, gift baskets and gift cards. Space is limited - advanced sales only!