October 22, 2021
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- Job Opening: We are currently looking for a Recording Secretary for the Board of Education.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the School Nurse: We need sweat pants for boys or girls, sizes 5, 6, and 7. Thank you in advance!
From the Lunch Program: Don't forget chips, ice cream, and cookies are now available for purchase. Chips and ice cream are $1.00, and cookies are $0.50 each. Exact change only, please!
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? the short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- NEW! There will be a November Spirit Day Competition on November 5! Show your school spirit by wearing red. Each red item worn by teachers and students counts! The classroom in each school with the highest red count will win a prize! All red items will be counted, not just spirit wear!
- NEW! New Hartford Ski Club 2022: After school Ski Club is back! A chill is in the air and the snow won't be far behind. Click here for more information aboout the program and how to register. Registration is due Friday, November 5th so sign up today! If you are interested in being a chaperone please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SHOE Collection: NHPTO is still partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge differece and in return New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more information.
- We are hosting a virtual fundraiser with Charleston Wrap from October 8 thru October 29. Please sign your child(ren) up as sellers by either using the link or QR code on the flyer. For every 10 people the parent invites to purchase, the parent will receive a FREE roll of wrapping paper - no purchase necessary! Candles - Kitchen - Holiday Items - Personalizations - and LOTS more!
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the the 2021-2022 school year. .
- NEW! NWR7 Senior Silent Auction: Saturday, October 23 from 3-5:30 at the high school 100 Battistoni Drive, Winsted. Proceeds benefit project graduation, an alcohol/substance free party held after graduation. We ask for a $5.00 cash donation at the door. Method of payment? Cash for the raffle. Cash or check for item(s) won. Great time to get your Christmas shopping started!! Gift cards galore, family photo sessions, tool sets and so much more!
- Trick or Treat Downtown Boo Hartford: Start at Town Hall and... here's the route! You can also host a trick-or-treat table. All ages welcome!
- Northwestern Regional Halloween Drive Thru Trick or Treat: October 30th, 12-2. Swing on by!
- Torrington Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee: Downtown will be a-glow with pumpkins! Drop off a carved pumpkin at the Nutmeg Fudge Company on East Main Street from 11am-7pm on Thursday, October 28 or 11am-2pm Friday, October 29. Join us on Franklin Street for prizes and a pet parade. check us out here and on FB (Franklin Plaza Farmers Market) and Instagram.
- Winter Critter: Reserve a spot at Macricostas Preserve on Saturday, November 20 for an exciting winter adventure! Here is all you need to know about transforming into a winter critter.