December 17, 2021
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- Connecticut State Department of Education will be hosting a webinar to share the latest medical information for keeping students safe, healthy, and in school during the winter months.
- Job Opening: We are currently looking for a Recording Secretary for the Board of Education.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the Health Room:
- The New Hartford Public Schools Nursing staff has a bi-weekly meeting with the Farmington Valley Health district. In the meeting on 12-9-2021 it was mentioned that Covid symptoms are evolving. They are seeing more fever, sore red eyes, vomiting, and some inflammation in the eustachian tubes with positive Covid cases. Farmington Valley is seeing a high rate of transmission at this time. If your child has any Covid symptoms please do not send them to school. Thank you.
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? the short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- SHOE Collection: NHPTO is still partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge differece and in return New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more information.
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the the 2021-2022 school year.