January 14, 2022
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- NEW! Board of Education Meetings: There will a special BOE meeting on Thursday, January 20 at 7:00, agenda. This will be preceded by a School/Community Relations and Policy Committee meeting at 6:30PM, agenda.
- Job Opening: We are currently looking for a Recording Secretary for the Board of Education.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the School Offices:
- NEW! Kindergarten Registration: We are currently enrolling kindergarten students for the 2022-2023 school year. There will be a Kindergarten Informational Session via Zoom with the Principal, Kindergarten teachers, and school nurse held on Thursday, January 20 at 2pm. Please use this link for additional information.
- NEW! Please be sure to notify the office directly of absences due to illness or travel plans. It is best to call the office rather than rely on email.
- NEW! From Antolini's Health Room: Please read the nurse's January Newsletter.
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? the short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- SHOE Collection: NHPTO is still partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge differece and in return New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more information.
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the the 2021-2022 school year.
- NEW! Pack 19: Help suport Pack 19 by participating in their Panera Fundraiser to be held on Friday, January 21 from 4:00-8:00PM at 1902 East Main Street in Torrington.