January 21, 2022
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- Job Opening: We are currently looking for a Recording Secretary for the Board of Education.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the School Offices:
- NEW! Kindergarten Registration: We are currently enrolling kindergarten students for the 2022-2023 school year. There will be a Kindergarten Informational Session via Zoom with the Principal, Kindergarten teachers, and school nurse held on Thursday, January 20 at 2pm. Please use this link for additional information.
- Please be sure to notify the office directly of absences due to illness or travel plans. It is best to call the office rather than rely on email as the secretary may be absent.
- From Antolini's Health Room: Please read the nurse's January Newsletter.
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? the short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- NEW! Spirit Day Contest! Our next district Spirit Day will be Friday, February 4! Each class will take part in a friendly competition! Wear as much red as you can and your class may win a PJ day and special snack provided by PTO! Remember pairs count as one (socks, earrings etc.)
- SHOE Collection: NHPTO is still partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge differece and in return New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more information.
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the the 2021-2022 school year.
- NEW! Pack 19: Help suport Pack 19 by participating in their Panera Fundraiser to be held on Friday, January 21 from 4:00-8:00PM at 1902 East Main Street in Torrington.