February 18, 2022
From the Superintendent of Schools Office:
- Job Opening: The Board of Education is accepting applicants for a Recording Secretary. A $100.00 stipend will be paid for each meeting.
- We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the School Offices:
- NEW! Students are expected to have their chromebooks at school daily. If they go home, they must come back charged. "Loaner" chromebooks are for emergencies only.
- NEW! Band Students: Band rehearsal has begun for grade 5 and 6 students. Grade 6 meets on Wednesdays and grade 5 on Thursdays. They both rehearse from 3:00-4:00PM. Parents must come into the building via the canopy door for pick up. Students will be waiting in the multi-purpose room. We appreciate your cooperation with the 4:00PM dismissal.
- Kindergarten Registration: We are currently enrolling kindergarten students for the 2022-2023 school year. Please use this link for additional information.
NEW HARTFORD PTO NEWS
What does the PTO do? The short answer....A LOT! Check us out!
- SHOE Collection: NHPTO is still partnering with GOTSNEAKERS? to recycle your old sneakers and shoes. There are collection boxes at each of our schools. Your old sneakers can make a huge difference and, in return, New Hartford PTO will receive a donation for your shoes! Click here for more information.
- Meetings: Get the inside scoop, have input, meet other families and volunteer (if you want to!) Here is the schedule for the 2021-2022 school year.
- NEW! Pleasant Valley Children’s Center is now accepting applications for the 2022/2023 Preschool year! They anticipate openings in the Tuesday/Thursday class (for ages 2-4 years) and the Monday/Wednesday/Friday class (for ages 3 & 4 years). Both classes begin at 9:00am and end at 11:45am, with the option of an extended day on Friday (for the MWF class). Please visit our website www.pvcckids.org for more information or to download a registration form. If you would like to come visit the program, please give us a call at 860-738-3211. Please spread the word!