May 7, 2021
From the Superintendent: The climate and culture of our schools plays an important part in improving student achievement. Please read Mr. Murphy's letter explaining the process of gathering data and feedback.
From Central Office: We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
From the Principal: Connecticut public school students in grades 3-8 are required to take the Smarter Balanced Assessments. These assessments address math and language arts. Additionally, students in grade 5 take a science assessment. We will administer these assessments to Antolini students in May, and the schedule can be found here.
- NEW! 1st Day School Supplies: The most convenient fundraiser is back! It is the BEST way to purchase your back to school supplies while supporting your child’s school. Order in the spring, it will be delivered to your home before the 1st day of school. It’s an easy online shopping experience and shipping is free. Your child’s classroom supplies are just a click of a button! Follow the link!
- Buy a Paw: Help support Project Playground by purchasing a paw! There are lots of options! Check it out!
- The Project Playground committee is continuing its efforts to raise money for new playgrounds at both New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville School. They have created a Sponsorship Program for families and friends! Please consider a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze donation!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.
NEW! Bakerville Community Nursery School: Openings for the 2021-2022 school year!
Ed Advance: BASES will be hosting summer camps with flexible schedules. The camps will be held at two locations, Barkhamsted Elementary School and Torringford School. Full and half day options, breakfast, lunch and PM snack are included!
Northwestern Regional: The FFA Greenhouse Plant Sale will once again be a virtual event! Click the link for all the information.
The Highlander Basketball Camp: Sign up for Basketball Camp at Northwest Regional 7, July 12-16! The camp is for all boys and girls entering grades 3-8. 1 on 1 private lessons are also available!
New Hartford Women's Club: Join us for Bingo...With a Kick Fundraiser! Support us with our first in-person fundraiser of the year. Everything Happens for a Reason Bingo at Pleasant Valley drive-in on Sunday, June 6, from 2:00-4:00PM. Check out the prizes! Space is limited and bingo cards are advanced sales only. Deadline is Friday, June 4. Sign up here. (Scroll all the way to the bottom and select IN PERSON EVENT: New Hartford Women's Club.) Check us out on Facebook too!
Football & Cheerleading: The Wolverines 2021 football and cheer registration is open now. Sign up before May 31 and save!
Bakerville United Methodist Church: We will be conducting a free nonperishable food distribution drive thru on the last Sunday of each month. Here is a reminder!