June 11, 2021
From Central Office: We continue to need substitutes in our schools. We need subs for teachers, paraprofessionals, and nurses. At this time, the requirements to be a substitute teacher have been eased. This is a great opportunity for college students who are pursuing a degree in education to get hands-on experience with children. If you are interested in applying or have questions, please contact Janet Terenzi at Central Office (860-379-8546) to begin the process.
NEW! From Curriculum: CLEVER - Many students have used programs like Lexia and Dreambox this year. Your child can continue using these programs throughout the summer. Students will need to log into their Clever dashboard using their school username and password. The link to the Clever login page can be found here or on our district website. Be sure to check out the summer learning page to find other ways to keep your child learning throughout the summer, too!
From the Health Room: Please arrange to pick up medication from the nurse's room on Friday, June 11, 2021. We will be dismissing at 1:00pm. Students are not permitted to carry medications. If you are unable to pick up medication on Friday please contact your school nurse.
From the Art Department: The Art Show is Here! View the 2020-2021 New Hartford Virtual ART SHOW! Enjoy the beautiful art created by students grades Pre K through Grade 6.
From the Library Media Center: Mrs. Pfeffer presents two exciting reading challenges:
- Summer Reading Marathon: Get out and enjoy the weather but also take time to read! Check out the challenge and be sure to keep a log.
It’s that time of year to encourage students to participate in CONNECTICUT READS, the 2021 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge!" Keep track with the Tails & Tales summer reading journal. To support summer reading, the Connecticut State Library’s statewide eGo eBook platform is now available through many local public libraries, and provides access to digital resources for all ages. For a list of local public libraries currently offering eGo, visit this site.
- 1st Day School Supplies: Deadline is June 15! The most convenient fundraiser is back! It is the BEST way to purchase your back to school supplies while supporting your child’s school. Order in the spring, it will be delivered to your home before the 1st day of school. It’s an easy online shopping experience and shipping is free. Your child’s classroom supplies are just a click of a button! Follow the link!
- Buy a Paw: Help support Project Playground by purchasing a paw! There are lots of options! Check it out!
- The Project Playground committee is continuing its efforts to raise money for new playgrounds at both New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville School. They have created a Sponsorship Program for families and friends! Please consider a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze donation!
- Spirit Day: Don't forget to celebrate New Hartford Public Schools by wearing red on the first Friday of the month!
- We are continuing with our gotsneakers? program! There are collection boxes at each of our schools. All proceeds benefit Project Playground.
Beekley Library: Check out all the wonderful programs being offered at the Beekley Library this summer. Registration can be completed here.
New Hartford Women's Club: Join us for Bingo...With a Kick Fundraiser! Support us with our first in-person fundraiser of the year. Everything Happens for a Reason Bingo at Pleasant Valley drive-in on Sunday, June 6, from 2:00-4:00PM. Check out the prizes! Space is limited and bingo cards are advanced sales only. Deadline is Friday, June 4. Sign up here. (Scroll all the way to the bottom and select IN PERSON EVENT: New Hartford Women's Club.) Check us out on Facebook too!
Summer @AMP: American Mural Project is offering five week-long summer enrichment programs for kids, tweens and teens. Register by April 30!
Bakerville Community Nursery School: Openings for the 2021-2022 school year!
Football & Cheerleading: The Wolverines 2021 football and cheer registration is open now. Sign up before May 31 and save!